Guest experience is mission-critical for Airbnb hosts, significantly impacting the success of your listing. Get it right and you’ll have ravings reviews pouring in, and more bookings than you can handle. Get it wrong, and it’s a recipe for disaster.
Providing a clean, comfortable, and welcoming space for your guests is a surefire way to stack the deck in your favor, making sure that they have a positive experience that leads to repeat business.
A clean, pristine, and fresh-feeling environment is paramount to making that happen. In this guide, we give you the rundown on everything you need, from supplies and working with a professional cleaning company, to checklists to help you keep your listing spic and span.
As an Airbnb host, it’s important to prioritize cleaning in order to provide a positive experience for your guests. We’ll go over these steps (and others) in more detail throughout this guide, but for now, we wanted to give you a quick introduction to what’s involved and what to prepare for.
By following these tips, you can help to create a clean and comfortable environment for your guests, which can lead to positive reviews and repeat business.
It is important to clearly communicate your expectations when hiring a cleaning crew for your Airbnb. This can help to ensure that the crew understands your specific needs and can properly prepare for each cleaning.
It is also a good idea to automate your cleaning process as much as possible. For example, you can use a cleaning checklist to ensure that all tasks are completed consistently, or you can use a scheduling software to manage bookings and cleaning schedules. By automating your cleaning process, you can help to streamline the process and ensure that everything runs smoothly.
Whether you’re handling the cleaning on your own, or hiring a crew, having all the essentials ready to go makes keeping your rental sparkly clean that much easier.
1. All-purpose cleaner: A multi-surface cleaner can be used to clean a variety of surfaces, including countertops, tables, and appliances.
2. Glass cleaner: A glass cleaner can be used to clean windows, mirrors, and other glass surfaces.
3. Disinfectant wipes: Disinfectant wipes can be used to quickly and easily clean and disinfect high-touch areas, such as doorknobs and light switches.
4. Microfiber cloths: Microfiber cloths can be used to dust and polish surfaces, as well as to clean up spills.
5. Sponges: Sponges can be used to scrub surfaces and remove stains.
6. Trash bags: Keep a supply of trash bags on hand to easily dispose of waste.
7. Laundry detergent: Laundry detergent can be used to wash linens, towels, and other fabrics.
8. Broom and dustpan: A broom and dustpan can be used to sweep floors and remove debris.
9. Mop: A mop can be used to clean and disinfect floors.
10. Vacuum: A vacuum can be used to clean carpets and upholstery.
A cleaning checklist is a useful tool for ensuring that a thorough and consistent job is done when cleaning your rental. A checklist aids in ensuring that all areas of the space are thoroughly cleaned without anything missed, and helps with consistency and quality assurance.
A cleaning checklist can also be helpful in dividing cleaning tasks among multiple people, such as other members of you team, or when hiring a team of cleaning professionals to take over.
Lastly, a cleaning checklist can help to identify areas that may need more frequent cleaning or attention, and it can serve as a reference for what tasks should be completed during each cleaning session. Overall, a cleaning checklist helps to ensure that a space is clean, organized, and well-maintained.
1. Make the bed and change the sheets.
2. Wipe down surfaces, including countertops, tables, and shelves.
3. Clean the bathroom, including the shower, sink, and toilet.
4. Sweep and mop the floor.
5. Empty the trash and replace the trash bags.
6. Wipe down appliances, such as the refrigerator, stove, and microwave.
7. Dust and polish any furniture.
8. Wash dishes and put them away.
9. Check for any damage and make any necessary repairs.
10. Make sure all necessary amenities, such as towels and toiletries, are stocked.
11. Clean the windows and mirrors.
12. Disinfect doorknobs, light switches, and other high-touch areas.
13. Vacuum carpets and upholstery.
14. Wash throw pillows and blankets.
15. Wash and replace dish towels and kitchen linens.
16. Empty and clean out the refrigerator.
17. Wash and fold laundry, including towels, sheets, and other linens.
18. Make sure all light bulbs are working.
19. Check smoke detectors and replace batteries if needed.
20. Clean and organize closets and drawers.
21. Wipe down surfaces, including countertops, tables, and shelves.
It’s also a good idea to have a system in place for laundering linens and towels between guests. You may want to consider hiring a professional cleaning service to help with these tasks, especially if you have multiple listings or a high volume of guests.
1. Use a high-quality cleaning solution to ensure that all surfaces are properly disinfected.
2. Consider using a natural or eco-friendly cleaning product to reduce the use of harsh chemicals.
3. Use a deodorizer to eliminate any lingering odors.
4. Open windows to allow for fresh air circulation.
5. Change air filters and check the air conditioning system to ensure it is working properly.
6. Place fresh flowers or a bowl of fruit as a welcoming touch.
7. Make sure all linens, towels, and bedding are fresh and clean.
8. Provide extra blankets and pillows for guests.
9. Keep a stash of travel-sized toiletries, such as shampoo, conditioner, and soap, for guests to use.
10. Make sure there is plenty of lighting in the space, including bedside lamps and overhead lights.
Maintaining the cleanliness of an Airbnb can be a daunting task, but hiring a cleaning crew and streamlining the process can save you a significant amount of time and stress. It’s essential to make sure that your property is immaculate every time, whether you handle the cleaning yourself or delegate the task to a professional team. Make sure you have a well-stocked cleaning kit and follow a thorough checklist to guarantee that your guests will arrive at a pristine property and give you that coveted 5-star review!
BOOK AN ESTIMATE