New Client Information
Please review the New Client Intake Packet below for all of the information regarding standard operating procedures for your new cleaning account with North Lake Tahoe Cleaning
Thank you for choosing North Lake Tahoe Cleaning to be your trusted cleaning company. We appreciate your business and aim to provide you with the best cleaning and service possible. We have been serving the North Lake Tahoe area for almost 20 years and have the most professional, experienced, and well-trained cleaners around. We are here to help you whenever you need us.
Table of Contents
The following is an outline of what is included in our standard Guest Departure Maintenance Cleaning. Once you or your guests have left the property, this service is designed to get it cleaned and looking great for the next arrival. We understand that you may have unique needs or special requests for your individual property, and we do our best to accommodate those. While this has most likely been discussed and agreed upon during your estimate, please let us know if there is anything additional you need our cleaners to do. We want to ensure that the estimate is accurate and that you are pleased with the cleaning.
Guest Departure Maintenance Cleaning
- General cleaning of all agreed upon rooms
- Wash dirty dishes/ run dishwasher
- Clean sink and faucet
- Clean all counter surfaces
- General cleaning inside and outside of all kitchen appliances
- Refrigerator, oven, stovetop, microwave
- Clean hand towel put out
- Clean tubs/shower
- Clean toilet
- Clean sink and faucet
- Wipe counters
- Wipe mirrors
- Clean towels put out as agreed upon
- Bedrooms and Living Areas:
- Make beds with clean bedding
- Wipe surfaces
- Vacuum furniture
- Stage as agreed upon
- Cold ash removed from wood burning fireplace
- All Floors:
- Vacuum and/or mop
- Light dusting throughout house
- All trash emptied
- Towels and linens washed
- General cleaning of outdoor grill’s grilling surface
- Set out any supplies provided
- Other previously agreed upon duties
Additionally, we offer Deep Cleans for your property. As with any house, after enough repeated use
there will always build up that our Guest Departure Maintenance Cleaning will not fully handle. Deep
Cleans are a much more in-depth cleaning and we generally will spend about twice the amount of time cleaning. While this time is usually spent cleaning all the regular areas more thoroughly, if you would like or need more of the time spent on specific areas please let us know. Should you desire additional cleaning beyond the allotted time, additional time will be billed at a predetermined rate, per man hour. Pricing for deep cleans are set on an individual basis so please let us know if you would like an estimate.
If you have one off, or special cleaning needs we are happy to assist you. This type of cleaning is billed at a predetermined rate, per man hour and is dependent on availability of cleaners.
*We will not use any abrasive cleaners or scrub pads on stainless steel surfaces.
*Most hard water stains will not be completely removed, and abrasive cleaners or scrub pads will not be used unless provided by the owner.
We offer carpet and rug cleaning for your property. The Lake Tahoe area is an incredibly beautiful place, but you and your guest’s enjoyment of it is tough on carpets. Regular cleaning can help extend the life of your carpets and keep your property looking clean and inviting to your guests. While we cannot guarantee that all spots will be removed, we are certified by the IICRC and use the industry’s best practices to clean all soil types. Pricing for carpet and rug cleaning is set on an individual basis so please let us know if you would like an estimate.
Our Laundry Procedure
There is often not enough time during a clean to complete all the dirty laundry generated at your property before the next guest arrives. Because of this, we require you have, at minimum, two complete sets of bedding for all beds and, at minimum, a second set of all towels needed when your property is at maximum capacity. However, we recommend additional sets of linens and towels since these items do get stained, taken, thrown out, and eventually worn out by guests.
Clean bedding and towels are such an important part of ensuring your property is ready for the next guest. We make sure to wash every item that was or might have been used by the previous occupant. This creates a lot of laundry for our cleaners to complete. While we try our best to complete all laundry on site during a clean, many times this is not possible. When this occurs, we put the unfinished laundry into laundry bags, and label the bags with your property’s information on site. The bags are then brought to our facility at the end of the day where they are checked in to our system and inventoried. The laundry is then cleaned, folded, and put back into a corresponding clean laundry bag. The laundry is kept at our facility until the next time your property is cleaned. At that time, it is checked out to the cleaner and they take it back to your property. If there are large breaks between cleanings, we try to return the laundry to your property sooner.
*Please note, we do not clean blankets, mattress pads, decorative pillows, rubber backed bath mats, or comforters. These items are easily ruined by washing and should be cleaned by a laundry professional. Duvet covers can be washed if the property has extra. Extra charges will apply.
What We Need from You
The following items will be covered in your Client Onboarding Checklist
Best Practices and Suggestions
Below are some best practices and suggestions for your property that we have picked up over time. Hopefully, they will help to make your life a little easier.
Spring 2023 Pricing
Guest Departure Maintenance Cleaning, Deep Cleaning, Office Cleaning, Homeowner Cleaning, Carpet Cleaning, and other related cleanings are all individually priced and determined with an onsite or over the phone estimate. Most properties and situations are unique, so this way all aspects of what is expected in a clean can be discussed and agreed upon.
While not common, at times you may need us to help with something at your property. Below is the pricing breakdown for service calls.
- Drop what you are doing and get over there now! $180/first hour
- Take care of it sometime today $80/first hour
- Take care of it within the next few days at your convenience $65
Prices include up to an hour of work, additional work will be billed at $65/hr.
If you have special cleaning needs, we are happy to assist you. This type of cleaning is billed on a per man hour basis and is dependent on availability of cleaners.
Current Rate: $47/man hour.
We can take payment in check, ACH (bill pay), Zelle or Venmo. The easiest way to do this is to set us up in your bank’s bill pay system. Invoices are typically emailed the day after service. Again, we do ask for prompt payment as we are a small family owned community business and our cleaners expect to be paid each week. For those whose house turns over frequently, we send out statements twice a month and payments can be made off of the statement amount. Payments delinquent over 45 days may result in discontinuation of service.
- We do not clean on the following days. Please manage your calendar so back to back cleanings fall on these days: July 4th, Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Year’s Day.
- If guests have not departed by the check out time and we are turned away and asked to come back later, we may charge a $40 fee to pay for our cleaner’s wasted time.
- Pricing includes (when applicable) laundering one full set of sheets and towels. Additional laundering, extra load of sheets/towels/comforters/etc.
- We ask that you choose one set check-out / check-in time of either 10:00am / 4:00pm or 11:00am / 5:00pm. Like everyone at the lake, we are trying to do more with less. We need this amount of time to adequately clean and inspect same day turnover/ back to backs. We are happy to accommodate late check outs and early check-ins if the cleaning is not for a same day turnover. Just let us know via text. 530-546-4438.
- Scheduling priorities. Given the normal cycles of arrivals and departures of visitors to the Lake, we often can’t clean on the same day of the departure (or scheduled service date in ResortCleaning). We will prioritize cleaning by the next arrival dates. Same day turnovers/back to backs will always get priority and we work down from there. It is extremely important that we know the next arrival dates to better plan our schedule.
- There are a few times during the year when all cleaning companies are completely overwhelmed. These occur when all the visitors to the lake depart and arrive on the same day. Such as following some major holidays and some severe snow storms. We will be well aware of this in advance and will communicate with you early so you can inform your incoming guests of the potential delay. These delays rarely occur but do know we will take care of you as soon as possible.
Again, we want to thank you for choosing us to be your cleaning company and we look forward to working with you!
Owners Chris and Tricia Hall are passionate about their company and the clients they serve. We understand the stresses of owning a vacation home outside your immediate market and the need to have complete trust in a cleaning company that will take care of the unique needs this relationship requires. We consider it a privilege to live in the Tahoe Basin and take seriously the responsibility of keeping your home in top shape. While taking care of our client’s home always comes first, we try
to find the time to get out on the lake or on a trail whenever possible.